Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Poppy Poinsettia Card



   ***  This card was just chosen as a Favorites of the Week ***

Card base is #110 white card stock from Mikes. Used silver metallic card stock by Wausau. Embossing folder is from Carta Bella " Holly & Ivy". The Poppy Stamps Poinsettia Ribbon die was used for the poinsettia/ribbon. "Merry Christmas" is Stampin Up Good Greetings (Hostess set). Sprig punch is from M Stewart.

Cut and scored the white card stock base. Trimmed a piece of the silver metallic card stock to the size I wanted for the card front. For the blue embossed piece I used a piece of SU Buckaroo Blue. Cut that to 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 and embossed that in the Cuttlebug. Then trimmed that to the size I needed for the card front.

Using the MISTI I stamped the greeting "Merry Christmas" on the lower right corner of the card front using Buckaroo Blue ink. Using the ATG I put the blue embossed piece onto the silver metallic card stock piece.Cut out a full die cut piece using the Poppy Stamps Poinsettia Ribbon die from the sliver metallic card stock. Then I cut out a second poinsettia also using that card stock. I layered the second flower on top of the full die cut piece. Using a hole punch I punched a hole to put the brad in the center of the flowers piece.

Using Tom Bow glue I used a toothpick and put glue on the back of the ribbon pieces on the die cut piece. Positioned those onto the embossed blue piece, trimming off the edges that were too long. Put these all onto the white card stock base:




Using scrap silver foil card stock I punched out 5 sprig pieces using the M Stewart sprig punch. Tucked those under the poinsettias using glue dots to keep them in place. The camera does not really show the shimmer and shine of the metallic and foil card stocks on the card front as IRL. Easy card to put together. Happy that I was able to buy my new embossing folder and the Poinsettia Ribbon die at The Paper Muse in Matthews, NC -- Thanks again to Daphne for a great store and latest holiday releases!  TFL and YOLO



No comments: