Wednesday, July 20, 2016

What took so long????


Finally the Grand Opening this past Monday for the FIRST Hobby Lobby in Raleigh, NC. I have had to drive to other nearby cities to shop there and now there is one in Raleigh.... it is about time...

Was there for the Grand Opening (even tho they had a "soft opening" last Friday/Saturday). Right to the paper crafts department for me -- was happy to find black sequins,  (that was another post), as well as this paper pad of printed card stock by Prima. All card stock was 50% off so a good deal for me. Here is the paper pad:


and some of the prints:



Wanted to make a shabby chic looking card with these prints and decided to use the printed card stock as the focal point:


Card stock base is Crumb Cake. Used a scalloped edge die for the pink polka dot on the right side of the card. Used one of the prints for the card front. Cut and scored that to the size I needed. Once that was cut out I used a distressing tool on the edges and then sponged Crumb Cake ink on them. Cut a small strip from another printed card stock in the paper pad, distressed and sponged the edges.

Randomly I added pink floral washi tape to the print for the card front. Using the ATG I put all pieces for the card front together. Using a Cheery Lynn doily die I cut out a white doily using white/GP card stock. Then decided I wanted the printed card stock to the oval on the front of the card. Cut that out using an oval die in the Cuttlebug. Once cut I spritzed this with Perfect Pearls mist. Once dried I put the floral oval onto a pink polka dot oval. Using the ATG I put the ovals together and then on the white doily.

For the greeting "hello" I used Stampin Up Tiny Tags stamp set and cut that out using the matching punch. For the bow I used the Bow Set bow die from Penny Black and cut that out of pink polka dot card stock with the Cuttlebug. Put the bow together using a toothpick and Tom Bow glue. Put the bow at the bottom of the ovals using glue dots. Here is a better photo to show the shimmer of the floral oval and the bow:


The Perfect Pearls really add a lot of shimmer and shine to card front IRL. Some of the floral card stocks are so detailed and romantic now -- great colours as well. TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Candee--so happy for you now you can make better use of your time instead of driving to get supplies. For me it is 89 miles to closest HL or Tuesday Morning. 105 plus miles to HL and Michaels or Tues Morn--all just 1 way. I know the Raleigh area is spread out--perhaps HL opened in your area of Raleigh :>). I know you are happy so have fun.
Hugs and smiles, Reva