Friday, August 5, 2016

This or That Cards


Never fails. . .  you see a project or card you want to make but you do not have the punch or die that was used. Many times you can substitute something you already have on hand but for this card I had nothing else I could use that was this shape.

Had seen this card made up by Dawn Olchefske, (on Youtube), awhile back but without the Stampin Up Hexagon punch I could not make it. So the Hexagon punch went on "the list" for garage sales or craft sales held by other stampers. Recently I was able to buy this punch/stamp set bundle from another stamper (happy me!) and now I was able to make up these cards  --

For my cards I used the same card stocks but in different order:


Here is each card:


For this birthday card I used a card stock base of Stampin Up Pink Pirouette. For the card front I used Sahara Sand. The white front of the card is Whisper White. The printed card stocks for the card front are from this pack of card stock I recently bought at Hobby Lobby:


Cut and scored the pink card stock base. Used a bone folder to crease the scored line. Using the ATG I put the Sahara Sand piece onto the card stock base. For the white card front piece, once trimmed to the size I needed, I punched out one of the hexagon shapes and then set this aside. Picked out prints from the printed card stock pack that I wanted to use and then punched out my six hexagon pieces. Using the ATG I put these pieces onto the white card stock front placing them around the punched hexagon shape I had punched earlier. Once the printed hexagons were on the white piece I used scissors to trim off the hexagon shapes that hung over my white card stock edges.

Using pop dots I put the white card front onto the card base. For the greeting "Happy birthday wishes" I used the Stampin Up Petite Pairs stamp set and stamped that onto Whisper White using Stampin Up True Thyme ink. Then punched this greeting out using the hexagon punch. Used the ATG for adhesive and put the greeting in place on the card front:


Using the Stampin Up Triple Flower punch I put scrap pink card stock flowers onto the card front using glue dots and added pearls to the center of those.

Here is the second card:


For this card the card stock base is the Sahara Sand and the Pink Pirouette was used for the card front. Used another stamp from the Stampin Up Petite Pairs wishes and again used Stampin Up True Thyme ink for the greeting:


Because the white card stock front piece to the card is on pop dots when you put the greeting hexagon in place it is inset so this gives the card dimension.

Dawn shows on her video to stamp your greeting on the white hexagon you punch out of your card front. I found it easier for lining things up to stamp my greetings on scrap white card stock and then punch out the hexagon shape. This is a simple card to make -- took me longer to decide on the printed card stock then it took to make the cards -- but a very easy card to put together. So thanks to Dawn for sharing her card. And happy me that I finally have this punch/stamp set!  TFL and YOLO

No comments: