Thursday, November 17, 2016

Snowman Tags


Had seen a snowman tag made by Stacy Sheldon using this Sizzix Snowman die and he was too cute not to make one for myself. Here is a photo of the Sizzix die:


Here is one of the two tags I just finished using her inspiration:


Used music sheet card stock I had from the stash. Since the printed card stock is light weight I adhered it to a piece of kraft card stock from Mikes using the ATG. Then cut this out using the Snowman die. Sponged the edges of that using SU Crumb Cake ink. Set it aside. Here is a photo of the tag dies I used for my tag base:


Since this snowman is approx 5 1/2" high from the top of his hat to the bottom I used the largest tag die from this tag set for my tag base. Once that was cut out using kraft card stock from PaperTreyInk I used the Carta Bella Holly and Ivy embossing folder to emboss it. Sponged the edges using SU Crumb Cake. Used a 1/4" circle and then a 1/2" circle punch to make the ring at the top of the tag over the hole to reinforce that. Put the ring onto the tag using a glue pen. Set it aside.

The die for the snowman does not mark the eyes and I know I will be making a lot of these snowmen so I used kraft card stock from Mikes and cut out a snowman. Then decided where I wanted to put the eyes (black brads) on his face. Using a small circle punch I punched out two circles for the eyes and then I marked this kraft snowman "Temp" for template. Now whenever I cut out a snowman using this die I can easily lay the template snowman on top and mark where the eyes (brads) will need to be. This will save a lot of time in the future. (I will store the template with the die).

Once I had the eye placement marked on the music sheet snowman I punched those out and used black brads from the stash and put those on his face. Mikes is having a 50% sale on ribbon this week so I picked up the wired sheer red ribbon for his scarf. Cut this to the size I wanted and twisted the ends to keep it together. Since this snowman has no arms on the die I used the SU Tree Builder punch to punch out two trees for his arms. The star was cut out using two star dies from Little B and I sponged the edges of those using red ink. Put the arms on the snowman using red sticky tape and the star on him using a large glue dot. For his hat I used flocked black card stock. Since the flocked card stock can be flimsy I first cut a piece of that larger than the hat and also cut out a piece of black card stock by Mikes the same size. Put these two pieces together using the ATG and then cut out the hat. The black card stock gives it a nice shape. Put the hat onto the snowman using red sticky tape. Used sparkly red garland trim to put across the brim of his hat.

To put the snowman on the embossed tag I used double sided Scotch tape on the back of the snowman and behind the hat is two dimensionals. Here is a second Snowman tag I also made:


For this snowman hat I used red sequin trim and a snowflake punch from M Stewart:


Thanks to Stacy for sharing her tag and the inspiration!  TFL

No comments: