Thursday, December 29, 2016

Fuzzy Slipper Side Step . . .


Hoping everyone has had a safe, happy holiday season so far. I have been doing the Fuzzy Slipper Side Step in the craft room .... too many products/supplies every where so am trying to put away all the reds and greens.... Christmas dies, ribbons, card stocks, trims, etc to get ready for the new year ahead of card making. Almost finished with that, organizing items along the way, but I wanted to take a break and post some photos.

This post is about everything I was given for Christmas from my PIC (Partner In Crime). She is my stamping buddy that goes to classes with me, stamper's garage sales with me, stamp store sales with me, and stamp shows with me. She was with me at Mikes one time when the We R Memory Keepers company had just put out their Alphabet Punch board. This punch board makes letters and numbers and I was happy to find it but being a card maker I had commented that I wished the letters were smaller for a card front. That original Alphabet Punch board would be good for banners or bulletin boards or even a scrap book page but too large for a card front. When I first saw this punch board I emailed WRMK and asked if they would ever come out with a punch board that would make smaller letters for card makers? I never got a response to that email so I assumed they were not going to make a punch board for the smaller letters . . . .  Stampin Up has a Large Letters alphabet die set (thinlits) but it is $99.00 PLUS tax and shipping. I would never spend that amount of money on a die set so no alphabet die set for my card fronts. . .

My PIC came over this week and brought me a gift bag filled with goodies for Christmas.... Imagine my surprise when I opened this:


A MINI Alphabet punch board from WRMK!!!! Happy me !!! :0)   I did not even know they made a smaller Alphabet punch board and these letters will fit on a card front --- YAY!!!

But also in this gift bag -- 2 stamp sets from Close To My Heart with a mini Perks stamp set also CTMH:




Flowers, Easter, and words... she basically covered my Spring cards -- the Easter set has a Mom, Dad, and little bunny stamp so that will be fun to use..Close To My Heart has such nice quality clear stamps with great storage envelopes. Love them all!

Then... Sequins!!


LOTS of sequins with so many colours to choose from. Browns, spring and autumn colours, as well as the black and white basics. Great selection for sure!

What card maker does not need ONE more pad of card stock? This pad is for the Christmas season with prints and foils included:


Also a container that holds shiny brown reindeer -- glitters, scatters, or perfect for a shaker card:


Spoiled me for sure.... and then she had these included:


She and I had taken a holiday card making class and in this class we used these "sticker blings" on our cards. After class we both looked at the local craft stores and we could not find these Stampendous stickers. But she found them somewhere so she bought enough for me as well. Happy me to have these. They are silver, gold, and red and with so many on each strip I am sure to get many uses of these.

She also had taken the time to sew two sizes of the Hot/Cold packs for aches and pains. With winter and colder weather upon us I am sure I will be getting lots of use of the Hot pack!! Happy me as the receiver of her generosity for sure!!

So back to the Fuzzy Slipper Side Step for me for now but wanted to post these photos before I opened them all up and put them in their new homes for use. I ♥  ♥  ♥ new craft supplies!!  Happy me to have such a generous PIC!!   Happy New Year! TFL

2 comments:

Colleen said...

How wonderful. What a great friend giving you such wonderful; useful goodies.
Wishing you a Happy and Blessed New Years

Anonymous said...

Dear Candee, You are so fortunate to have a 'Partner in Crime'. Hobbies are more enjoyable when you share the time with a friend. You share your time with me thru your blog. I do appreciate you. I keep a notepad to which I just added the mini Alphabet punch board for the next trip to HB (89 miles)or Mikes 105-110 miles from home. Hubby or daughter drives as I no longer do.

Wishing you a happy healthful peaceful enjoyable 2017.
Hugs and smiles, Reva