Monday, March 6, 2017

All fun and games .... until . . . .


Well it is all fun and games and then you realize you do not have much time .... I am a follower on a papercrafter's blog. She is a Stampin' Up demonstrator and she posted on her blog that lately she has only been making 3D projects/boxes and no cards or tags. She wants to get back into just the card making but has lost her "mojo" for stamping. She posted on her blog that she would like to hold a card swap where we all send her our cards and then she sends us someone else's card in return. This sounded good to me so I emailed her and told her that I would like to join in on her swap. She emails back her address in the UK and the date she needed my card by. . .  then a gal at work broke her foot and she is off work so more hours for me but less crafting time...

Had already committed to the swap -- with her being a demonstrator for Stampin' Up I thought I had better use their stamps, inks, and card stocks for my card. The last card I had made was the embossed card using the new-to-me Stampin' Up stamp set Corner Garden. Here is that card:


For the card I made for the swap I used the embossed image sideways and added Stampin' Up Cool Caribbean ink to that -- I also used solid white sequins on this card:


Also for this second card I used the Lotus Blossom stamp set for the greeting on the front of the card as well as the inside. Finished my card, packaged it up, and off to the post office for me. Inside my small padded bag is a second card for her thanking her for the swap and with just the two cards inside I had to pay $13.50 in postage.... Hoping for that amount of $$ that the cards arrive in mint condition and good to go. I am retired from the post office so I did expect this would be costly in postage but I figure it was a one time thing and am sure it will be worth it. Once I receive a card back from this swap I will post it on my blog to share. Another long day at work tomorrow but I wanted to get this posted before I should forget. TFL

1 comment:

MaryH said...

I like the way you've used this pretty EF. The pale aqua shade sponged over the design is so pretty. International mailing gives me sticker shock. It's even worse when they send something to the States too. TFS & hope you get some lovely cards back in return.