Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Embossing Folder Storage


Still rearranging and reorganizing the craft room. Moved my Close To My Heart stamp sets from the Close To My Heart large organizers to clear bins from Bed Bath & Beyond. Decided to use the now empty CTMH large organizers for the embossing folders. I used to store the folders by the titles of the folder but sometimes the title did not match the embossing folder pattern so that was not helpful.

Recently had bought the new We R Memory Keepers Tab Punch Board and used this for the dividers for the new embossing folder storage. I used the #110 weight cream card stock from Mikes and made up a stack of the dividers, grabbed the label maker and the process began. Decided since the titles were not working for storing that I would do better by putting the folders together that are alike -- IE Woodgrain, Nautical, Valentine's, Dots, etc. Here are photos of this new storage system for my embossing folders:




So I will know what the title of the folder is when I take it out to use, I have used the label maker and clear labels to put the title on the folders. This is an ongoing process that will take some time but already this new system works better than my old storage for them. I really like the large Close To My Heart storage containers as they hold the taller embossing folders. These containers also have a latch closure with handle and they are stackable. TFL

3 comments:

MaryH said...

This looks very tidy. Must check out that tab punch...I have some 'hand punches' that do tabs but don't look as nice as this does. Check Harbor Freight for some good cheap clear boxes too. I did the same sorting with my EF's, and it works - better than what I had. Sometimes I can't remember if I called something a pattern, texture or what. The flowers, animals, woodgrain, well, that's easy. Some of mine I don't really know what to classify it, and for certain, what I thought when I was doing the classification, won't be the same thing as when I go to look for it. Brilliant idea here. (I have mine in the Iris DVD bins with a cover). TFS (and also belated thanks for the awesome St. Pat's card. It's shared on the friends cards page!) Hugs

Lora said...

Some years back I purchased one of the zipper notebooks with pouches in it. Problem is not many fit in the notebook pouches. Then I put some in another note book.

Yours look very organized I like this. Makes it easy to find what you want by categories.

What is the size of bin that you purchased at Bed Bath AN Beyond?

Thanks for sharing a great idea.

In the above post Mary, what is EF that you have in clear boxes.

Candee said...

Hi Lora-the clear bins from the kitchen organizational section of Bed Bath & Beyond is approx 16" long x 7 1/2" wide x 5" high. The CTMH stamp sets fit in those nicely. I believe Mary means embossing folder when she uses "EF". Thanks for your blog visit and comment! Candee P