Sunday, June 18, 2017

Father's Day Card


Took a card class yesterday from Bonnie Klass and when we were all done she showed us a card she had made for Father's Day using card board and a die and I liked it so much I wanted to make one using that idea for DH.  DH likes deer so for my card I used a single deer die:


My card is on a SU Smoky Gray card stock base. Stamped the SU Hardwood stamp on white/GP using the same gray ink. Cut out a Sizzix Super Scallop Tag die for the background tag. Used the Close To My Heart stamp set Say It With Style for my Father's Day greeting. Used a banner punch for the end of the greeting tag.

For the deer I cut out a single deer die from cardboard. Using scrap green card stock I used a grassy border punch from M Stewart and punched out two pieces so I could put the deer in between. Used the ATG to put the grassy pieces at the bottom of the tag. Put the tag onto the card stock base using the ATG. The deer is tucked into the grasses and he is on there using glue dots. Added a button from the button jar with a piece of gray and white twine tied on that. Used the bone folder on the tag to give it some movement. Put the tag on the card front using glue dots.

Here is a closer photo of the deer:


Thanks again to Bonnie for another great card class and for showing us how to die cut card board --- it give the deer nice lines and dimension. TFL

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Love the deer! Hmm, I might need a deer die now....