Sunday, June 25, 2017

Stamp Show Loot


Went to the Stamp and Scrapbook Expo stamp show in Chantilly, VA yesterday. DH drove me and my stamping PIC (Partner In Crime) to this show and it was well worth the trip -- a HUGE thank you to DH for being our "stamping driver" of the day... hahaha

Recently I decided to change the way I stored my Stampin Up stamp sets in the craft room. The stamp sets and plastic cases were taking up far too much space in the craft room and getting them from the shelves they were on to the work table was never simple unless I took a set or two at a time... This is how I stored my SU stamp sets on the shelves -- too bulky, had to tilt my head to see the stamp set title and images, and . . . Had to decide if I had the stamp sets for the stamp set or for the bulky cases?





Already had the two refrigerator bins in the craft room from other craft item storage that I had recently redone so now my SU stamp sets are in the bins. EASY to take BOTH bins to my stamping/work table for projects. This way  I have ALL my SU cling/clear stamp sets all together and ready for stamping.

Much better storage system for me -- but now I had all these Stampin Up stamp cases to get rid of. Put an ad on Craigs List to sell the SU cases and I sold a lot on there and also to some of the gals that take the same stamp class as me. Used this money for items I bought yesterday at the stamp show in Chantilly. The week prior to the show emails were sent out announcing show specials, vendor coupons, the floor plan of the show, etc.. My PIC and I looked at all the coupons, show specials and made a plan of where we wanted to shop first.

Our Daily Bread Designs had a show special that all their dies were 30% off at the show. My PIC and I made our list of dies we wanted and that was our first stop -- I bought dies I wanted for me and also picked up two dies for a gal at our stamp class. Here is what I bought from them:


I had made a list before I went to the show and was happy I only bought two dies for me that were not on my list and my purchase qualified for this free tote bag:


Queen and Company -- buy 12 rolls of washi tape for $1 ea and get a free box for storage for them:


Bought Memory Box dies and one was regular price with the others 50% off:


Eyelet Outlet bling and brads:


Then one booth -- buy 2 items get third free so I now own the GLIITERED plates for the Big Shot!


Plus small mylar stencils from Melissfrances.com -- she sells dies and many items for both card makers and scrapbookers. I had not heard of her before but will be visiting her online store soon:


A great show for us two stampers and for my PIC this was her first BIG show and she seemed happy. She even won a door prize of $20.00 from a show vendor!

After the show DH took us all to Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger for lunch -- DELISH -- and off to another FAVORITE stop of ours -- Wegmans. We used to live in the city that Wegmans originates in so moving south Wegmans is the first thing we missed... my PIC had never heard of Wegmans so she was happy to be able to shop there yesterday ---


We were happy to stop here before our last stop of the day, Friendly's... then we headed home. A GREAT day for us two stampers and free food for our driver, DH!!! I sent my PIC home last night with all her stamp goodies from the show and a bag of Salt Potatoes from Wegmans with some of the Wegman bakery goodies. Another fun day of travels for us. THANKS again to DH!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I'm envious, Candee! Looks like a really fun day with Friendy's to top it off! Lots of great loot! Enjoy!