Monday, July 17, 2017

Simply Hello Card


Recently I changed the way I store my Stampin Up cling and clear stamp sets and got rid of the plastic cases. While I was doing this I came across quite a few stamp sets that "long time, no ink" was their fate. Decided I wanted to make a few cards using these stamp sets.

This is the card I made using the 2011-2012 Hostess stamp set from Stampin Up "Simply Soft" which is a two step stamping stamp set:


For this card I used all card stocks from Stampin Up -- Crumb Cake is the card base, cut and scored at the top. The pink card front is Regal Rose with the white being Whisper White. Cut and scored the card stock base. Cut the pink card stock to the size I needed. Using SU Regal Rose ink I stamped the base flower for my card all over in a random pattern for a background piece. When I was finished stamping I used a small three dot stamp from the stash and stamped that all over this background piece as a filler. Once this piece was stamped I used the Crumb Cake ink and sponged the edges of this. Set that aside:


Stamped the base flower onto a small scrap piece of Whisper White using the 'huff' method for the stamp and markers. With that stamped I stamped the layered flower stamp over that for the flower petals. Trimmed this piece to the size I needed for the card front.Added washi tape across the bottom of the flower piece. Using two bow punches from Hobby Lobby I punched out a pink bow. Took a scrap piece of white card stock and put a small piece of washi tape on that. Used the small bow punch and punched out a bow. Put the bows together using micro mini glue dots. Added a clear crystal to the center of the bow. Put the bow at the base of the stamped flower using glue dots. Sponged the edges of this piece using Crumb Cake ink. Cut a scrap piece of Crumb Cake card stock and used the ATG to put the stamped floral piece on that. Set it aside.

Used a doily die from Cheery Lynn and cut out a doily using Whisper White card stock using the Big Shot. Used the trimmer and scissors and cut off two pieces from the doily piece keeping three of the curved loops on the edge of the doily. Used red sticky tape to put these two pieces on the stamped piece -- one at the top and one at the bottom.  For the greeting "hello" that is a stamp from the SU stamp set "For All Things" and this is the "hello Fall!" stamp from that set. I used an ink pad and put ink on the "hello" part of the stamp only and stamped that onto a scrap piece of Whisper White and used the SU Bitty Banners die set to cut that out. Trimmed the one end of it to the size I needed. Sponged the edges with Crumb Cake ink.

Using the ATG I put the stamped pink background piece onto the card stock base. Used white craft foam and put the floral piece onto the card front at an angle. Added the greeting "hello" banner to the card front using glue dots. Easy card to put together and always like pinks and browns as a combo. TFL


1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I love this set and still use it occasionally. Love how you've stamped the background and used the doily to highlight the pretty design!