Sunday, March 4, 2012

Cheep Talk Card


Yet another idea from the flowerbug.typepad.com blog. I do not have a plain scallop punch like she used so the bottom of my card is plain. I do not have a circle cutter so I had to make my own. Luckily I made all my Easter cards yesterday and used the rest of my glue dots which left the card board circle they are on.... it is the same size she used for her circle. I traced around the card board circle on SU Temp Turquoise card stock and cut out that circle. Then I used the slit punch as she suggested--like a clock---12  3  6  and 9. Then punch slits in between those slits. I used the dots folder from Sizzix Dots and Flowers embossing folders set. I embossed this piece using the Cuttlebug. Then using a white Signo pen I put dots on the scallops around the circle opening. I set that aside to dry and then used the SU 2 Step Cheep Talk stamp set and stamped my white piece. I used Temp Turquoise and Old Olive inks from SU for that. I placed the turquoise circle piece on top of the bird and branch and trimmed it to size and adhered it to the turquoise circle piece. Then I carefully raised the scallops around the circle. I used olive green ribbon from AC Moore and used white glitter ribbon from my stash for the ribbon piece. Then I used DeNami white glitter for the bird wing and eye using a glue pen for those. The card is on Cool Carribean card stock from SU.

3 comments:

Bernie said...

Stunning card! Wasn't sure if my comments had taken as I lost my connection, lucky I checked and found your reply. I get nearly all my stamps and ink pads in thrift shops. Every spring some of the SU and MM demos have yard sales where I pick up a lot of supplies. I haven't found a single thing on Craig's list in my area. Would it be okay if I put a link to your blog on my blog? I'd like to share your storage ideas and thrifty ways. Pop by and visit me a berniescraftcloset.blogspot.com
Blessings Bernie

Candee said...

Thanks Bernie--yes you can link my blog--was just on yours--LOVED the Sympathy, and Black and Pink Valentine, but the best is the black and white with the border punch and feather---LOVED that!!! TFL and for your ideas on cards too!! Candee P

MaryH said...

Some very cute cards lately! Love them ....Makes me feel somewhat better to see I am not the only one who isn't lucky on Craigslist! TFS