Sunday, April 1, 2012

New Purse for Easter


This is a new purse just in time for Easter! Used the Sizzix/Stampin Up "Bigz Two Tags" die. I then scored this from the straight bottom of the tag to the scalloped top:

   from the bottom score it at 1 1/4
       then again at  2  1/4
         then again below the bottom scallop
           then again score above the bottom scallop

Use a small flower punch and make a small flower and add a crystal.
For the handle I used a small circle punch and punched two holes on the top of the purse and ran ribbon through those holes, tied a knot at the ends of the ribbon and trimmed the ends. Used a removable glue dot to keep the purse closed. These purses will hold choc kisses or the miniature candy bars. Used all scrap papers for the purses and flowers. Crystals are from my stash.

2 comments:

Juanita Lint said...

Where can I find the dies for the nugget purses. You said Sizziz but I've searched everything. Thanks,
Juanita

Candee said...

Hi Juanita - the die I use for the purses is the Stampin Up Bigz Two Tags die. It is the thicker steel ruled die made by Sizzix. It is no longer for sale from Stampin Up but you can buy it from Ebay. Besides the purses there are a lot of projects you can make with that die besides just making tags. I hope this is helpful in finding a die for you. Happy Holidays and thanks for your blog visit! Candee P