Saturday, April 14, 2012

New Purses W Petite Purse Die


Used the new purse die from Sizzix for Stampin  Up for these purses. They will hold the miniature candy bars and the nuggets. The dotted purse I used double sided paper for. The black and white purse is white card stock that has a black flocking on it. The red purse is flocked paper from Hobby Lobby and the coral purse I used textured paper for. Way cute and fun to make. Tips I learned: After it is cut out use a pencil on the wrong side of your handle to mark the hole for the brad to hold the handle on the purse. I used a small hole punch for that. I also used a pencil to mark the side of the purse for where the handle will be. I then used the hole punch for that as well. I cut out all the purses with the die then marked and punched the holes for the brads for the handles. Then I used the tape for the purse sides. Then used a small flower punch for the flowers on the front of the purses. Made these four in less than an hour that way. Used different papers to show this can be casual or dressed up. At the stamp club Cindy W had embossed one of the purses -- very versatile looks for a cute purse ... was hoping to be able to use a lot of scraps for it but the die cuts the purse in one piece and it will take a larger piece than scraps. Bigger than the other purses I have made but it holds more chocolate so that is a good thing !!!  :0)  TFL

No comments: