Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Paper Flower Card




Lucky me! Was able to buy Close to My Heart stamp sets from a gal at the monthly stamp club--so this is the first card I made with my new to me finds.... This is the large flower stamp from the "Endless Love" stamp set. I used pink, coral, and orange inks for that on white card stock. Then I cut out the flowers. Put them in various embossing folders in the Cuttlebug. Then crumpled up each flower and clipped between the scallops on the flower pieces. Scrunched them up and added a pink and coral flower on top. I made those two flowers using two flower punches. Added a large brad for the center and the flower is done. Then scored and cut a piece of light card stock for the card. Using the Petal Print background stamp I used orange ink and put this on 2/3 of the card front. Using a greeting stamp from the Close to My Heart stamp set "Notice the Details" I stamped that also in orange ink on the lower right corner. For the stem and leaves for the flower I used green gross grain ribbon from AC Moore. TFL

2 comments:

MaryH said...

So pretty. You're making great use out of your new goodies. Love the flower and the combination of all your elements & colors. Looks very Spring-ish. TFS

Bernie said...

Hi Candee! Sorry I haven't commented for a while. Life gets in the way some times but I do whiz by. I love all your Easter creations those Purses are adorable and your chocolate bunny is too. LOVE how you designed your doggie biscuit, ingenious, why didn't I think of that! I've had lots of lovely comments on your post about the StazOn lids.
Hugs