Thursday, October 25, 2012

Old N' New Card


This card is the Old N' New combined..... card is a card base of Stampin Up Cherry Cobbler which is a new colour for them. I then cut a piece of SU Close to Cocoa card stock and then a piece of the SU Very Vanilla card stock for the card front. The wreath/berry stamps are from the 2001 Stampin Up stamp set "Sketch It". For the wreath I stamped it with Stampin Up Crumb Cake ink and their Close to Cocoa ink. For the berries I used the Close to Cocoa ink and then used red Stickles*** on those. For the bow for the wreath I used the Fiskar Bow squeeze punch. I put a dot of red Stickles in the center of that and put that on the wreath with a glue dot. For the border piece at the bottom I used the Memory Box** Piestra Tile die in the Cuttlebug.

** To cut this die out I cut out a piece of waxed paper, put that on the cutting side of the die, then the Cherry Cobbler card stock. Ran this through the Cuttlebug with a one layer shim to cut since this die has an intricate design. Once that was cut out I put that on the card front with a glue pen for adhesive. I find with the more intricate dies to put them through the Cuttlebug lengthwise rather than widthwise as you will have an even cut that way. *** As usual whenever I add Stickles to a card I complete the card and then put the Stickles on it setting it aside to dry.  This way the Stickles will not get smeared if I am trying to finish a card.

This card could be used for Christmas, Fall, Thanksgiving and the like. The wreath in this stamp set is very versatile and does not look "Christmasy" as some of them do. TFL

2 comments:

MaryH said...

Finishing up my Candee fix! Loved this card as well. I have this die, but don't have the SU colors you have. Really like these together. Very elegant look. I used this die, didn't use the wax paper, and it worked well for me in the B.Shot. I go forward/back. So far (fingers x'd), I've had good success with M.Box. I.Obsessions are working well for me too. Can't say same for some of the newer S/Binders & Cheery Lynn dies. The wax paper comes in handy with the 'motif' type S/b and I'll have to try it with my C/L fussy ones. TFS

MaryH said...

Forgot to say, check out the Aleene's Easy Flow Tacky Glue. It's great for these intricate dies, got my at Scrapbook Creations after using in a class. Amazon has it. I put some from the large bottle into a $1.00 empty bottle, store it lying flat. Never had it clog yet, comes out easy, and you don't need much of it. I dab a little bead, skip a space, dab some more. If I get 'blobs' outside of the area where I want the glue, I just blot with paper towel. It dries clear, hasn't warped anything I have used it on todate, and has stayed stuck fast. Just sayin'. I use the quickie glue for some things, but find the Easy flow faster for the die gluing. Hugs