Monday, October 22, 2012

Turkey Dinner Card



Used brown card stock from Stampin Up as the card base. Used the Spellbinders Scalloped Circles for the card shape** and cut that out using the Cuttlebug.  To make the card top flat and in one piece I positioned the die off the top fold of the card:


As you can see in this photo I made a center mark on the card front in the lower center with a pencil. This dot is to make sure I have a full scallop at the bottom of the card.  Using painter's tape I taped the die onto the card front being sure the die was off the scored/fold of the card front. Using the Cuttlebug I cut this out. I then put one of the Spellbinder Circles die on the front of the card, again with the painter's tape, and cut that out with the Cuttlebug for the round 'window':


Then I used two of the circle dies and cut out the rust circle around the circle 'window' ( I used striped card stock in the photo for you to see how the dies are spaced and then taped down):


On my card I used rust card stock for the circle around the 'window' and this photo shows after I cut that out I then used the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder and embossed it:


Using an ATG for adhesive I ran that around the circle and put it on the card front. (I made a continuous line with the ATG for adhesive as it will stick on curves). Once the frame was on the card front I then used another circle die and cut out printed card stock from Hobby Lobby for the inside of the card. Again used the ATG to put that inside the card.

Using a small oval punch and scraps I punched out 3 ovals and then sponged SU Pumpkin Pie ink on the edges of those and put them together to make a pumpkin. Used the Fiskars pumpkin punch and punched out the stem for the pumpkin and used an EK Success leaves border punch for the leaf on the pumpkin. Put that on the card front with a glue dot.

The turkey is a stamp from DeNami Designs and I stamped that and used markers and then a gold gel pen for that. Used a larger punch for the circle behind the turkey and then a scalloped circle punch for the scallop behind that. Used a thicker pop dot and put the turkey in the center of the 'window'. The greeting is on the back of this card.

** To keep this card from rolling over and to make it stand up I simply clipped off a small amount of the curve of the bottom of the card back and this stands up.See photo:



Using the Spellbinder dies for card shapes is easy to do and if you mark the lower center of the piece you are cutting out it will always work out for you.  TFL

1 comment:

MaryH said...

Just had to get my Candee fix before I headed downstairs to watch some dvds & possibly color. This is a great card, and loved all the photos. Your photos are so clear. Gotta learn how to do that bettah! TFS such a fabulous card. Lots of detail.