Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Let It Snow . . . man . . .


To begin with this card is on a dark green card base with light blue and then the white piece the snowman is on. The snowman is a stamp from Morningstarstamps.com and I believe it is M08-"Fat Snowman". Morningstarstamps also has different snowmen and I stumbled across them at one of the many scrapbooking and card making shows I  attended  when I lived in NY state. There are times when you want a small figure stamp or small greetings and as we all know there is a stamp company that sells only smaller stamps but their prices are not so small . . .   Morningstarstamps sells larger images/greetings as well as the smaller and their prices are more affordable. Their stamps are well made and always leave a clean impression. They also have very good customer service if you should have to email them and they also ship quickly. . .  now back to the card ---

Once I had the card base cut and scored I then stamped the snowman using Basic Brown ink from Stampin Up on white card stock.. Using colour pencils I coloured in the heart, scarf, buttons, holly, nose, twigs, and flower at the top of the wreath. I also used a gray pencil for the snow at the base of the snowman. I did the colouring very loosely and not exact and it did not take long at all.  Once the colouring was done I lightly spritzed the piece with Shimmer Mist and set it aside to dry. Once it was dry I then trimmed it to the size I wanted and put the card together. Using scrap white glitter card stock from Hobby Lobby I used snowflake punches and punched out the three snowflakes. Put those on the card front with glue dots. Then I used red Stickles and put it on the holly berries on his head and on all the berries on the wreath. I tried to take a photo so you could see the berries and Shimmer Mist on the card front and here it is:


Simple card to make and in person it is very sparkly with the Shimmer Mist and the Stickles.  TFL

No comments: