Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Nugget Holder Favors

Had seen the nugget holders done by " madymodesigns" and decided to make my own. I have a pic-torial of how I did this as well. I made a turkey for Thanksgiving and of course Rudolph for Christmas. Here they are:



To make these I used the Two Tags die from Sizzix for Stampin Up. These holders are made with the scalloped tag. Scoring from the straight end of the tag up to the scalloped end score at 1/4", 1", 1 1/4", 2 1/4" and 2 1/2". I used a bone folder to make the scored creases sharp:


I used a piece of red sticky tape on the straight end of the tag near the 1/4" score mark to keep this holder together and closed. I find it works better to put the chocolate nugget candy in the holder first with a glue dot and then peel off the red on the sticky tape and then close the holder. For the front of the holder I used a turkey left over from my Turkey Tootsies and also an extra Rudolph from the pencil boxes I made. See the holder from the side:



These go together quickly once the tags are all cut out. I also used scraps for the turkey and the scallops behind Rudolph. Easy project and would be good favors or at the holiday table.  TFL

No comments: