Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Santa's Magic Keys


This post is to show how the K&Company keys turned out from my purchase at Michaels. If you do not know of this  l-o-n-g  saga you can see the whole story under the title on the side bar "Removing Packaging Residue". But after all the work to get the keys even to a usable state I ended up having to spray paint them and this is the end result. To begin with I used a Sizzix Scallop Tag die and then used a Spellbinders die to cut out the poem that I printed off the computer. Sponged the edges with gold metallic ink and the ribbons/bells are from my stash. Here is the poem I used for the Magic Keys Tag:


            Santa's Magic Key

This key is very special, you see. It
won't work for you or me.  Hang
it just outside your door then go to
bed and worry no more.  Close your
eyes and close them tight, 'cause
Santa Claus is coming tonight!

They turned out well but after all I went through to use these keys I know I will not make more with those keys. Just in time for a craft show on Saturday. TFL

No comments: