Thursday, November 1, 2012

Simple Holiday Tags


There are times when I get time to be in the craft room but some times that happens when I am in between projects and now have the time but no ideas/inspiration. Then there are other times when I have no craft room time and lots of ideas/inspiration . . . and so it goes . . .   For the times I have craft room time and no ideas/inspiration rather than make a card just to be able to make a card and not be happy with the idea or the results I use this time to 'stock pile' supplies for a later date.

The dies I did this morning I had made from tags and reindeer I had cut out at another time and put all the cut pieces in a box for assembly later. For the tags I used the "Tags, Scallop Combo #2" die from Sizzix and I used the Sizzix machine to cut them out. For these tags I used Kraft card stock from Michaels. The two reindeer dies I cut out in the Cuttlebug -- the reindeer with the curly antlers is a die from BossKut and the other reindeer is from Sizzix from a set of 4 holiday dies. For all the red noses I sponged the edges of those pieces with red ink from Stampin Up. I also used a Fiskars holly/berry border punch for two of the tags and for the other two tags I used a fence punch from Martha Stewart -- look at your punches in other ways and see if you can use them differently than what they are really for. For the card stock on the tags I used two sheets of double sided card stock -- this is not only economical but makes it easy when you want to make up tags that will go together. There are a lot of times I will like one side of double sided card stock but not the other for a card --- but the tags are smaller so with those the side I do not really like works well.

For all the tags I made a 'ring' for the hole that the ribbons are put through. All ribbons are from my stash as well as the bells. By making all the cut pieces in advance it is very easy to put together a lot of tags for the holidays --- what a nice thank you/hostess gift for someone for Thanksgiving dinner if you give them a small box of holiday tags that you took the time to make. TFL




No comments: