Saturday, November 17, 2012

Some days the lesson is patience . . .

Some days in our lives it seems from the moment we awake until we go back to bed at the end of the day that the whole day is a lesson in patience . . .

As you may know from reading the blog the house is being remodeled by DH which makes me the honorary L.A. (Lovely Assistant). I get to do the "hand me this",  "pick this up",  clean ups, and other very important -- or so I am told -- tasks. . . Now DH can build you a house from the ground up but do NOT ask him to prime or paint anything. . . He was cheering at the paint commercial on TV that combines primer and paint so you have less work to do . . .   but to me that is like assembling a modular home on site. I love to prime and paint so I guess we compliment each other. . .   so assignment is given to me of priming the one wall in the kitchen with the windows and then I was to paint it... Assignments given -- assignments completed. . . He is now working on cabinet lay out and I head back to the craft room.... but I am hearing taping on the wall in the kitchen and then drilling. . . .  hmmmm... wonder what that is?? I then return to the kitchen to find little holes in a row on my newly primed and painted wall... WHAT???????  So I question DH as to WHY are there little holes in a row on my newly primed and painted wall???

Answer??? he was looking for the stud --- now to back up the guy that built the house was not exactly exact so all studs are not where they should be and on this wall DH put two replacement windows in so he worked off the work of the guy that built the house. . .  so silly me, the L.A., says.... WHERE is the expensive stud finder we HAD to buy when we began all the house projects????  Logical question I thought and I am just a girl . .

It was then explained to me that the battery in the expensive stud finder is dead and so it is not working... hmmmmm... I ask why don't they last longer as it seems a 9V battery is a pretty good size.... well... I guess if you ask a logical question you have to EXPECT a logical answer...

DH then explained to me -- with a TOTALLY straight face --- the reason the battery is dead is because every time he picks up the stud finder it goes off --- get it?????????

So some days the lesson is patience . . .  and I will be patching the holes in a row and repainting as we went to Home Depot for a new battery and wall patch gop (that is a Lovely Assistant term). . .   and ladies--don't be jealous---he's all mine -----   hahaha.....

1 comment:

MaryH said...

Oh, I AM jealous! But you are so lucky he can do all this work, and IS WILLING to do it! You better be thinking of some more projects to keep him busy, once you get all your remodeling done. Teach him to craft???? I'm not jealous that you have to patch & repaint though. Glad you could keep your sense of humor. (We do the same gig with the battery stuff at our house. Or never have the just right tool. All projects require multiple HD or Lowes trips. Fun, fun.