Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The M and M's Story Holder


Had made up Christmas gifts using this poem a few years back but decided I wanted to make some up for the craft show I am doing this Saturday. In my gifts I gave the large bags of M&Ms but for the craft show I wanted to make a smaller holder using the mini bags of M&Ms. (Fun Size) This is what I came up with. Here is the poem I used:


                              The M&Ms Story

               As you hold these candies in your hand,
                          And turn them you will see,
               The M becomes a W, an E, and then a 3.
                         They tell the Christmas story;
                            It's one I'm sure you know.
            It took place in a stable a long, long time ago.
    The E is for the East, where the star shone so bright.
The M is for the Manger where Baby Jesus slept that night.
The 3 is for the Wisemen, bearing gifts they say they came.
            W is for Worship, Hallelujah, Praise His Name.
                           So as you eat these candies,
                             or share them with a friend,
                    Remember the meaning of Christmas,
                          It's a love story that never ends.



For the holders I cut a piece of card stock 4" x 8". I then scored it at 7/8", 4 1/8", and 4 3/4". I then took a small strip of printed card stock and put it on the small flap that was made with the 7/8" score. I printed out the poem off the computer onto white card stock and cut it to the size I wanted. Put coloured card stock under that and put it on the front flap of the holder. Used a large glue dot on the bag of the mini bag of M&Ms and put that inside the holder.  I then folded over the small flap covered in the printed card stock and using a small circle punch I made two holes for the ribbon to go through and then tied a bow. For the Christmas tree I used the Fiskars tree punch and used a glue pen to put that on the poem piece. Added a crystal to the top of the tree from my stash. With printing things off your computer you can change the font to whatever you want for each item. I made a lot of these and once all the holders are cut to size and the poem is printed and trimmed they go together quickly. TFL

2 comments:

Lori said...

Love this! I am going to make some for my kids class parties. Good luck on your craft show. Would love to see pictures. Let us know how it goes!

Cindy said...

Okay, going through all your posts and came across this wonderful treat. Will start making this to give out to all my christian friends at Christmas. Never heard this story with M & M's and LOVE it. Thanks again Candee.