Friday, November 23, 2012

York Holders


*** See note at bottom of this post


The York Peppermint patties used to be twisted closed and they were a circle. Cut and fun to decorate so apparently we we enjoying that too much so now they are sealed into a square wrapper. Totally un-cute and hard to decorate without the end flaps showing . . .

I had used this die from Sizzix "Petal Card Die" and made bunches of holders for the Ghirardelli squares but I had too many holders and not enough Ghirardellis . . . .     so I decided I would try to see if the York Peppermint Patties fit in the holders and they do -- it is thicker but it works and at Christmas time York Peppermint Patties are popular. I used mostly non-holiday card stock for the wrappers and the decorations are snowflake stickers, little trees punched out with the Fiskars holiday tree punch, the Reindeer punch, and also the Stampin Up stamp set Perfect Punches for the "Joy". I added crystals and ribbons from the stash and I used a circle punch and a scallop circle punch for the circles on the front of the holder. These are very easy to make and are put together using glue dots so they get put together quickly.

Below is a photo of two of the holders close up. I did not want to make all the holders the typical red and greens for Christmas but also a blue and the brown snowflake card stock from Stampin Up.


Picked up glittered snowflake stickers for the Black Friday sale @ Michaels last night and used those on the front of the holders -- the stickers were BOGO so that was good .... TFL  *** Forgot to mention this --- the Snack Size York Peppermint Patties are larger than the holiday bag of Yorks and I have used these holders for both size candies and they fit. So FYI for anyone that wants to make these up.  :0)


2 comments:

Laura said...

Thank you for sharing all your talents and creations with us, everything you do is absolutely adorable! You provide much inspiration and great ideas! Thanks so much!!

Candee said...

Thanks Laura for the kind words -- I hope I can inspire other card makers as others have inspired me -- thanks for the visit! Candee P