Sunday, December 16, 2012

Holiday Pie Card



Had seen a card by Julie Marshall on Splitcoast "A Candlelight Christmas" and she said she had seen the card done by Kimberly Van DiePen at:   stampinbythesea.com/color-challenge-7.  This is my version of these cards but I used one piece of double sided card stock.

To begin with I used a card base of SU Cherry Cobbler, then a layer of SU green, and the Very Vanilla cream piece (SU) is embossed. I used one of the folders in the Whimsy set from QuicKutz (Lifestyle). Using the SU scallop punch I punched a small piece of green card stock and then a scrap piece of the matching decorative card stock. I put these all together.

Then using a piece of Very Vanilla card stock I punched out a 2 1/2" circle. Out of double sided decorated card stock I punched out 1  2 1/2" circle. I cut the printed circle in half, then in half again, and then in half a third time --- this will give you all your pieces for your "pie" circle. See photos:





The photo below are my pieces all cut and I put them onto a red circle for you to see all the parts together:



Once all the pieces were cut I then put adhesive on my Very Vanilla cream circle and began placing the pie pieces together. Being sure to every other piece be flipped over so you can see both sides of your double sided card stock on your circle. I used a 2 1/2" circle base for my pie pieces rather than just stick the pie pieces onto my card front as I wanted to use pop dots behind my circle on the card front for dimension.

Using a stamp from the holiday stamp set from Michaels (that was on sale yesterday for 60% off) I stamped that onto scrap Very Vanilla card stock using Cranberry Crisp ink from SU. Used a 1 1/4" circle punch for that and a 1 1/2" circle punch for the green scallop piece behind it. 

I used one piece of double card stock for my card but you could easily use many prints or even printed scraps -- each circle will look different. But I love this card stock I used and before I put away all the Christmas papers I wanted to use it one more time. Thanks to Julie M and Kimberly Van DiePen for the inspiration!  TFL


2 comments:

CJ said...

Great card. I may have to copy it.
Thanks for sharing.

CJ

MaryH said...

Lovely technique, I have the embossing folder(Woo-Hoo), and it looks like one that would be pretty easy to go, and get a gorgeous card. TFS and the instructions.