Monday, December 24, 2012

Holiday Stripes Card



Had seen this technique by France Martin -- aka  frenchiestamps.com. She used painters tape for the stripes. My card is on a dark green card stock base from Stampin Up. I used white dot card stock from Michaels. The white card stock is from GP-Georgia Pacific @ Walmart.

Supplies:

5 strips of 6" long blue painter's tape
5 Stampin Up ink pads in greens **
Fiskars tree punch
Marvy star punch
Green paint sample card for my tree
Greeting stamp
Circle stamp
Scallop circle stamp
Pop dots

What I did was score and cut the card base and then trimmed the dotted card stock to size. I cut my white card stock piece a bit bigger than what I would need for the card front. I used a piece of scrap copy paper under my white card stock piece. I used removable adhesive behind the white piece to keep it from moving.  Using painters tape I cut 5 strips of 6" long and set those aside.

 I also had my box of baby wipes to clean any inks off my hands as I worked along. I opened all the ink pads and put those in a row as to what order I wanted them on my card.

 Using the painters tape I put it in the center of the first ink pad:


Lay the painter's tape across the length of your ink pad and press it into the pad with your fingers to transfer the ink onto the tape. Then put this across your white card stock and rub as you go along to transfer the ink from the tape to the card stock and slowly peel off the tape:


As you can see I did not go to the top of the white piece. I then did the additional inks/tape leaving a space between each row which will give you the white stripe between your inked areas:



Once all the stripes were made I trimmed the piece to the size I wanted for the front of the card. Using a small greeting stamp I stamped that onto white card stock and used a circle punch for that. For the tree piece and the scalloped green piece behind the greeting I used a dark green paint sample card. I used the tree punch from Fiskars for the tree and used a small Marvy star punch for the star. Pop dots are behind the tree for dimension. **I did not use the new ink pads from Stampin Up. If you should use those you will not have to press hard to transfer the inks to the tape as those pads are very moist.   TFL

1 comment:

Mary H. said...

This is just so clever and really very pretty. Will have to try this technique. I love Frenchie's website but forget to visit as often as I should. TFS the technique and the lovely card.