Sunday, December 30, 2012

Hugs and Hearts Bag


Made this bag for treats for Valentine's Day. Used the Bag die from QuicKutz and I cut it out of heart print card stock from BoBunny. The die comes with the die for the bag, a small heart die, a small circle ring die, and a scalloped oval die. I used scrap red card stock for the scalloped oval piece. Using a small stamp I stamped it onto white GP card stock using SU Riding Hood Red ink. Used an oval punch from Jolee (jewelry section at Michaels) to punch out the greeting. Put a pop dot behind that onto the red scalloped oval. Used the tag die by Sizzix Tags, Scallop Combo #2 which cuts out three different sized tags from the one die. I cut out black tags. I tied the black tag onto the red ribbon with black and white twine. For the ribbon -- after I cut the bag I put red sticky tape on the side to make the bag. Closed the bottom and folded the front flap over the bag. Used a pencil for two small circles and used a small circle punch and made two holes to run the ribbon through -- tied a bow and it was done. This is a side view of the bag:


The completed bag measures approx 3" high by 2 3/8" wide. I used double sided card stock but I am sure the bag would be good from a solid or even textured card stock.  Will put paper shred from the dollar store in the bag with some Hershey red and silver kisses for Valentine's Day. TFL

1 comment:

Mary H. said...

You're back in the craft room I see, making beautiful goodies from your shopping trip.Bag is very pretty. TFS