Thursday, December 13, 2012

Pail of Poinsettia Pops


Had made flowers with the lollipops before but wanted to make a smaller version for a Christmas treat. The small pails are sold at Michaels on the wedding supply aisle and they are about 2" high. In this pail is four of the DumDum lollipops and about 5-6 Hershey miniature candy bars.

To begin with I filled each pail with red paper shred from the dollar store. Then used a red ribbon to tie around the middle of the pail.

Using the 5 Petal Flower punch from Stampin Up (this is the same punch I used for the turkeys) I punched two red flowers and one green flower. I used scraps from the scrap file for these. Using SU inks I sponged Riding Hood Red ink on the red flowers and for the green I used Old Olive.  See below:



I then marked the center of the flowers with a pencil dot and used a circle punch for the center. You have to use this larger circle to be able to get the flower over the wrapper on the stick for the lollipop. To put the flowers and the green 'leaf' piece together I used one glue dot on each piece:



This will keep the flowers from moving so you will see the two flower petals and then the green piece. Put your lollipop through the hole and pull up to the lollipop so it is the center of your flower.  Using a glue dot on a piece of green ribbon I tied this around the stick of the lollipop:



Once you tie the ribbon in a knot under the flower trim your ends. I then put the Poinsettia Pops in my little pail and added the Hershey candies around the pops to fill in. I used bags from the candy making aisle at AC Moore that are 9"  x 4" to put this in and tied a ribbon around the top and made a bow. Trim off the ends of that. Using a red tag I had already die cut I used scrap printed card stock and made the tag. Used an oval punch for the greeting and a snowflake punch for the snowflake. The tag is tied on with red and white twine. Here is a photo of the assembly line of flowers and then of the final product:



These are small enough for the holiday table or a favor or to hand out at work. Used all scrap card stocks for the flower/leaf pieces.  TFL

No comments: