Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Survival Kit

This is the last of my craft shows this upcoming weekend and it is going to be huge -- over 100 vendors. . .  I already had everything else done but today decided at the last minute to throw together my re-vamped Survival Kits. Had made these before using small paper bags from Michaels but all the seams opened on the bags so that was not working. . .

So this has red card stock that is cut 3  1/2"  x  10".   Scored it at 1", 5", and again at 9". Once it was scored and folded using the bone folder at the top fold I marked the center of it with a pencil dot and using a 3/4" circle punch I punched off the edge of the fold. This will give me the half circle where the top of my plastic bag is that holds everything goes. I then stamped the Survival Kit stamp (from Morningstarstamps.com  -- LOVE them) onto white card stock from GP at Walmart. Using a shaped die I cut these out using the Cuttlebug and then put this in the front of the red holder. For the bottom of the holder I used sticky tape to keep the holder closed and this makes the holder stand up freely.

The plastic bags are the candy making pretzel sized bags and once I put everything in them I tied a red ribbon into a bow and then  trimmed off the top of the pretzel bag to the size I wanted.  Then using the Swirls embossing folder I embossed a piece of vellum and then used a butterfly punch from Martha Stewart to punch out the butterflies. Added glitter using a glue pen on the edges of the butterfly. Added a red crystal and put the butterfly on the front of the holder.

Decided to make red holders since holiday time is stressful and Christmas has lots of red and greens. TFL

1 comment:

MaryH said...

Ah, cute! Should be a fantastic seller..Good luck. HOpe you do great. Hugs