Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Trim the Tree Card

So as a Mom how many times have you sent the little ones to their bedrooms to pick it up only to find after an hour of quiet that when you check on them they are busy playing instead . . .   and so it goes . . . Plan after my post office run was to come home and find the craft room under all the supplies everywhere for the craft show I did and the cards I made for Christmas . . .  well . . . here is the card I just finished:


While putting away my Pillow Box Die I came across the Sizzix Tags #3 die and this is where it all began . . . I cut the tag out with the Sizzix machine using Kraft card stock from Michaels. Using two small circle punches I made the circle of decorative card stock for the hole at the top of the tag and put that on the tag using a glue pen.  I then found the Trim the Tree die set from Taylored Expressions (great dies and made in the USA). I used double sided card stock from Stampin Up and cut out the dies twice so I could make 2 trees from the pieces. Using the solid tree die in the set I cut out two Very Vanilla cream trees for my tree base. Once the tree was assembled I added red crystals from my stash. I also used a $1.00 punch from Michaels for the star on the tree top. Pop dots are behind the tree for dimension. Added ribbons from my stash and the tag was done.

Using the Cuttlebug and their Snowflakes embossing folder I embossed a piece of Very Vanilla card stock leaving the bottom of the piece out of the folder so it would not be embossed. Using scrap card stock from the trees I trimmed a piece of card stock for across the front of the card. Using Stampin Up Cranberry Crisp ink I stamped "merry Christmas" from the SU stamp set Petite Pairs.  Quick and easy card.  TFL

1 comment:

MaryH said...

Simply lovely. Love all the elements