Thursday, January 24, 2013

Designated Driver and a bunny . . .

For all we women can accomplish in our lives . . .

For all the people that come to us for help . . .

For all the times we step up to help out . . .

For all the times . . . .

Two days ago in the mail I get my latest copy of the CardMaker magazine the Spring 2013 issue . . .  As I am eating my lunch I am flipping through the pages and there it is -- a card by Jeanne Streiff for Easter. She titled it Chocolate Easter Bunny and her card is a brown card base with a pale pink front and cream. So it has taken me two days to get this much made of her card --- I always make up a sample when I am making something for the first time since I do not have one of the supplies she used. (HOW did that happen?) Here is my version of her bunny:



For my bunny I used the following punches:

1 1/4" circle punch
3/4" circle punch
Small oval punch
Heart stamp
Fine black marker

I used SU Choc Chip card stock for the bunny/ears and light pink for the circle for the face. Used a heart stamp from the SU stamp set Create a Cupcake stamp set and stamped that onto a scrap of pink card stock and then punched it out with the 3/4" circle. I used a fine marker from Marth (Martha Stewart) for the whiskers but as you can see in the sample even with me making light pencil marks first the pen did bleed so I will use my Micro marker on my next bunny. Maybe I can actually make another bunny AND make a card all at the same time? ? ?

Designated driver was me ... for a week or so I have heard the coughing and whining and about all the aches and pains and the many reasons why DH should not take sinus meds or cough syrup or . . . . and for this whole week I believe it was ME suggesting perhaps we should go to the doctor as this may not be just a cold after all? ? ?  Hmmmmmmmmmmm... who knew???

So taking things in my own hands DH woke up this morning with me telling him he is going to the doctor in an hour so he had better get moving. . . So I piled the two of them into my car --- him and his attitude -- and off to the doctors we went listening to all the MANY reasons why he suddenly felt better this morning and this is a waste of time and yada, yada. . .

Well, well, well . . . .  waste of time it was as we left there with two prescriptions -- one for him and one for his attitude I suggested . . . . So off to the pharmacy we went and once meds were taken I was lucky enough to hear how they are not working yet  and yada, yada. . . .

My goal for this weekend is to be able to make a new bunny and a whole card . . . But for now here is my version of Jeanne Streiff's bunny.  TFL

No comments: