Monday, January 28, 2013

Double Up Birthday Card



Clearing off my work table of stamp sets when this card came to mind . . .  Card base is green card stock with white from GP and pink from Stampin Up. For the floral piece I used two stamps --- one from the SU stamp set Thoughts and Prayers and the other floral stamp is from the SU stamp set Garden Silhouettes. I used a green marker for the stems and leaves and a pink marker for the flowers and coloured the stamps. First I did the stamp from the Thoughts and Prayers set. Once that was stamped I then did the stamp from the Garden Silhouettes stamping it on top of the first image. Once stamped I then used a marker for the centers of the flowers.

Using the Spellbinders Labels One I cut out the floral piece. Using green and pink inks from SU I lightly sponged the edges and over the floral piece. See photo:



 Using a Martha Stewart butterfly punch I punched out the two butterflies.

For the greeting tag I used a "happy birthday" stamp from the SU stamp set Teeny Tiny Wishes. Used SU  Regal Rose ink for that. Cut it out using the Spellbinders Ribbon Tag Trio tag die in the Cuttlebug.

I cut a white piece of card stock for the first mat and then another mat of pink card stock. I put this together and then put the floral piece on and then the greeting tag on with pink ribbon from the stash. I used pop dots behind the tag piece for dimension.  Once that was done I put this onto the card front. Added pearls from Martha Stewart on the butterflies and put those on the floral piece.

Here is a photo of the two stamp sets and you can see the floral stamps are similar:



The stamp set in the front is the Garden Silhouettes and the stamp set in the back is Thoughts and Prayers. For that set of stamps SU decided to use two stamps on one block so after I mounted the stamps I then used copy paper and stamped all the stamps in the set onto the copy paper and I trimmed that to size and that is in the box with the stamps. This way I can easily see what stamps are in this set when I want to use it. I do not care for double sided stamps and I suppose it would not be so bad if they were cheaper since there are less wood blocks in the set -- but I own very few of these sets that are double sided for that reason. But for this card the flowers on the stamps are very similar and that is why I think the stamps work well together on this card.  So this stamp has double flowers and double mats -- TFL

1 comment:

MaryH said...

A beautiful, classy card. Love the colors used with these stamps. TFS