Saturday, January 5, 2013
Floral Thank You Card
Card is on a blue card stock base from Close To My Heart. The darker blue is Stampin Up. Used white card stock from GP for the flower piece. Using two flower stamps from the newer stamp set "Reason to Smile" from SU (they have two stamp sets by this name) I stamped the flower. The first flower stamp was the solid flower and I used Brocade Blue ink from SU for that. I then used Versa Mark and inked the second flower stamp which is the flower petal stamp. I inked only the top of the stamp --- the petals. I then stamped this over the solid flower. Added white embossing powder and used the heat gun to set that. See photo:
Once this was done I set that aside. I then cut and scored the card base and cut the dark blue piece larger than what was needed for the card front. Using the Spellbinders Classic Large Oval dies I cut out a piece of lighter blue card stock using the two largest oval dies in the set. (Once I placed the dies on the lighter blue card stock I held them in place with painters tape so they would not shift while going through the Cuttlebug machine). Once those were cut out I used the dotted folder from the Sizzix embossing folder set "Dots and Flowers" and put the oval inside that and ran that through the Cuttlebug. Then using only the large oval die in the die set I cut out the oval on the dark blue card stock piece. Trimmed this to the size I would need.
Once that was done I put the card front together --- card base, then the white piece to the back of the dark blue piece, and then that onto the card front. For the blue embossed oval piece I put that on the card front using a glue pen. Using a loose "thanks" stamp I stamped that with the Brocade Blue ink. Using the SU Bitty Banners die set I cut out the "thanks". I again cut out the same die with darker blue card stock. After I had the blue banner cut out I cut that in half and put the dark pieces behind the white banner piece with red sticky tape. See photo:
Once that was done I added two clear crystals from the stash to that. Using pop dots I put the banner piece on the flower piece. Added a blue checked ribbon/bow at the bottom with a glue dot. The camera did not capture this but in person you really can notice the embossed flower petals in white. TFL