Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Pocket Full of Hearts Valentine


This card is on a card base of Real Red card stock from Stampin Up. Used red card stock from Michaels behind the white GP with the red hearts. The red hearts piece was made using an embossing folder from the Paper Studio at Hobby Lobby "Doodle Hearts".  I used the embossing folder as the background stamp rather than to emboss it and this is how this is done:

Using Real Red ink from Stampin Up on a brayer I rolled the inked brayer over the raised side of the folder only. Put my white card stock piece in the folder. Using the brayer I rolled it over the closed folder back and forth to transfer the ink to the card stock. Once that was done I ran the folder under running water and all the ink came off. Set that aside to dry.

Trimmed this piece and put it on the red card stock from Michaels. Put the "Love" ribbon from the stash across the card front. Then adhered this piece to the red card base. Using the Petal Card punch (retired) from Stampin Up I punched out from red card stock one piece. Folded two flaps in and that makes a pocket. Using various heart punches and papers I punched out hearts to put in the pocket. Each heart has a glue dot behind it. Used red foil card stock for the small heart in the front of the pocket.

Here is the card I used this Doodle Hearts embossing folder to emboss the background:


I used two pieces of white card stock while embossing this background as I wanted a softer embossed pattern. The heart on the front of this card was done using the baby wipe technique.

Here is another card where I used a snowflake embossing folder as the background stamp and then used another embossing folder to emboss over that to look like falling snow:



The Doodle Hearts folder from Hobby Lobby is a good folder to use for both embossing as well as for a background as the pattern is not too small and close together. TFL

No comments: