Friday, January 4, 2013

Snowman Mini Treat Tote Holder


Again used the Mini Treat Tote Box holder from Dawn Olchefske  on dostampingwithdawn.com. I used Bashful Blue card stock from Stampin Up. Once the blue card stock was cut I stamped it with a snowflake cluster stamp by PSX from 1992 using the SU Bashful Blue ink. I then used a single snowflake stamp from Inkadinkado to fill in spaces. Then I scored, cut, and folded the card stock into the box. Using the Scallop Doilies die from QuicKutz dies I cut out the doily pieces behind the snowman. The snowman is a stamp from the SU set Snow Globe. I stamped that with StazOn black ink and used markers for his arms, nose, and scarf. Punched him out with a circle punch. For the largest white doily and the coloured snowman I then spritzed those two with Shimmer Mist. See below:



This adds a little shimmer to the snowman. Then using white ribbon with silver snowflakes on it I tied the top of the box closed. Used blue and white ribbon to tie the snowflake tag/doilies to the white ribbon:




Inside the box is white paper shred from the dollar store and four of the Hershey chocolate nugget candies. This box is easy to make and Dawn O has a video on it that is short and easy to follow. Here is one of the boxes alone:


For my first tote box I made I used cheaper card stock and once I made that it became my pattern to follow. After you make the first one they go together quickly and are held together with two glue dots so no messy adhesive to deal with. TFL

No comments: