Friday, January 11, 2013

Valentine's Treat Holders and dies



More of the Valentine Treat Holders --- used the Gift Card Holder die from Sizzix to cut out the holders. All these holders are made using double sided card stock. I used traditional Valentine colours and then made two with non-traditional card stock. Each gift card holder holds a bag of the Fun Size M and M's. For some of the holders I used the Spellbinders Heart Circles dies and the little pocket on the front of the circles is a Petal Card punch from Stampin Up. This punch has been retired but it not only cut out the Petal Card (it is very small) but it also scored it so you could fold it. I folded two of the four corners in and that makes it into a heart shape. I then used various heart punches for the hearts I put in these little pockets.

I made a belly band for the holders and some I used the opposite side of the card stock to make the bands and for this red holder I used Very Vanilla card stock and embossed that with the Cuttlebug using a hearts embossing folder. Then I trimmed and scored that into the belly band --- see photo:


For the red circle piece behind the cream circle I used the Lace Doilies die from QuicKutz. That die has 3 different dies in the set. I also used red foil card stock for the small hear on the front.


The holder above is not traditional papers for Valentine's but it is from Stampin Up and I wanted to use it for the colours. This holder you can see the little pocket I made for the front and I put a small heart on the front of the pocket.


The above holder is made using double sided card stock that is also textured and again not the traditional Valentine papers but the red foil heart on the front ties it all together.

So all in all --- think out of the box for your dies --- these were all made using a gift card holder die but I put candies inside with a stamped greeting.  For the Stampin Up Two Tags die -- here are some of the things I have used that for:












And the Stampin Up Petite Pocket die:



These dies can be very expensive but if you think it over and for all I was able to make from the dies it is worth the money. Of course watch for sales/coupons and the like -- or if you are lucky enough to belong to a card making/scrapbooking club or group maybe you can all bring your dies to a meeting and bring your own card stock and cut out all your pieces. But whatever you do do not think you are limited to the name of the die or the picture on the front or one thing you have seen made with a die. Remember you can always use cheaper card stock when trying new ideas and then use the good card stock for the project you decide on. But all in all think out of the box for your dies but MOST of all ???   U  S  E    them and make something fun, functional, and cute . . .   TFL

2 comments:

Angie said...

Oh my! Look at all your creations!!! They are all Fabulous but just a little extra love for those purses!!!

MaryH said...

Ah, love the valentine holders..(well all of 'em but especially these). I can see another craft show taking shape with all the nifty little gifties. So cute. TFS