Monday, February 11, 2013

Brayered Basket


Another Easter basket using the new die from   mftstamps.com  Woven Basket. I had seen the basket that Jody Morrow made at:  http://confessionsofaribbonaddict.blogspot.com/2013/02/bold-and-bright-tips-and-tricks.html

She used a lighter card stock for the basket and then used a brayer to put a dark brown over her basket pieces. By doing this the woven design on the basket really show on your basket pieces. I did this using a light turquoise card stock and used a darker turquoise ink with a brayer for my basket front and back pieces as well as the insert that is made using the Trapezoid Treat box die as you can see the basket sides when you make this basket and I wanted them to match.  Here is a close up photo of the front of my basket:



For my assembly photos of this project I had lint on my camera lens so I apologize for the dark dot --- :0)

To begin with I put the basket die and bow die in the Cuttlebug with the light turquoise card stock on top of  the die pieces. I used a card stock shim when I cut these pieces to be sure I had a good embossing on each piece.




Once the two basket pieces and one bow were cut out I used the brayer and Cool Caribbean ink from SU and rolled the brayer over my pieces -- the yellowly paper behind the basket piece is my scrap paper to keep the ink off the work table. Once this was done your piece will look like this:


Once I had all my pieces inked with the brayer I set them aside on a cookie cooling rack from the dollar store to dry. While they were drying I then did the pieces for the front of the basket.

Using white card stock from GP I cut out pieces using the   mftstamps.com  die set Easter Elements to cut out the eggs and the flower pieces. The bird and wing I cut out of yellow card stock.  Once they were cut out I used inks from SU to stamp them with: Cool Caribbean, Mint Melody, and YoYo Yellow. Once all pieces were cut out and stamped I set them aside. Using a 6 petal flower punch from EK Success I punched out a flower from yellow card stock to go behind the flower pieces. The green 'leaves' on the floral piece are made punching two of the 6 petals with the flower punch from green card stock.

I then assembled my box for the basket and then put the basket front and back on the box piece. Positioned the eggs on the basket front with glue dots and put the bird on the front of the eggs with pop dots. Added a clear crystal from my stash for the eye for the bird.

The flowers/leaves piece is put together using glue dots and put that on the front of the basket also using a large glue dot.

For the bow at the top of the basket I used the bow I cut out and inked with the brayer from the die set. Then using the bow squeeze punch from Fiskars I punched out a bow using the card stock I used for the basket but did not ink it with the brayer. Then added a turquoise crystal from my stash for that. Put this on the handle of the basket using a glue dot.

Added white paper shred from the dollar store and it will be filled with candies for Easter. TFL and YOLO

No comments: