Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Bunny Hop Holder #1



This is a candy/treat holder for Easter. I used the Sizzix/SU Two Tags die in the Sizzix for the holder. Cut out two tags using the Kraft card stock*  from Michaels.  Bunny is also made with this card stock. The pink piece across the front of the holder is card stock from SU. Used the Easter Elements die set from MFTstamps.com for the flowers. Ribbon is from the stash as is the brad. For the greeting I used a stamp from the SU Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set and the SU Bitty Banners die to cut that out in the Cuttlebug.

* To begin this project I used all scraps from my new scrap storage system using the plastic storage container with photo keeper boxes inside of it by Iris. I bought this on sale at Michaels. See photo of this before I filled it up:



Once it was all filled up and labeled I put it by my work table and have used it every day since I put this together. This idea is from Tonya Gibbs --- and it really works well.  Back to the bunny holder:


In this close up photo you can see I sponged the edges of the bunny with SU Close to Cocoa ink and a sponge. Also on the pink piece across the front of the holder you can see I used the straight crimper ( I also have a wavy crimper) to give the pink piece dimension. Here is a photo showing the flower from the inside of the holder:


It is hard to see but I did use a small hole punch on the holder front tag to put the brad in the center of the flower through the holder. For this holder you need:

Sizzix/SU Two Tags die (Cut 2 kraft pieces of the larger tag on the die)
Cuttlebug machine (to cut out MFT flower dies)
MFT stamp set Embellished Eggs (for the flowers)
Scrap card stocks --- solids and prints
SU Teeny Tiny Elements
SU Bitty Banners die set
Pink/brown ribbon from the stash
Crimper
Glue dots
Brad
Pop dots
Red sticky tape

For the bunny:

Trio flower punch (white tail)
Blossom Builders punch (small petal -- cut 2 for ears)
3/4" circle punch (cut 1 from Kraft for head)
3/4' x 15/16" oval punch (from SU---cut 1 for bunny bottom)
SU Close to Coca ink for sponging bunny pieces

I made an insert to hold treats for the inside of my box from matching card stock. That piece is cut 4 1/2" x 3 1/8". I scored this piece on all four sides at 1" -- scored and turned and repeat this until it is scored on all four sides. Clip your ends and using pop dots I made a box. For the tag holder used red sticky tape to tape one tag on top of the other on the bottom. Using red sticky tape again on the bottom of my little box I put this in the tag holder.

Pop dots are behind my bunny for dimension. Will add coloured paper shred from the dollar store and candies to my holder. These are a good size for a table setting or something small enough to hold our favorite chocolates. TFL and YOLO

No comments: