Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Bunny Hop Holder #2


Must our bunnies always be brown -- which is reminding us of chocolate bunnies -- yummmm... This holder I made a gray bunny for a change. Used the Sizzix/SU Two Tag die for the tag holder, made a box insert, made a bunny, and added eggs with grass for the front.

Supplies:

Sizzix/Two Tags die and Sizzix machine
MFT Embellished Eggs and Easter Elements die sets
SU Bitty Banner dies
SU Trio flower punch
SU Blossom Builders punch
3/4" circle punch
3/4" x 15/16" SU oval punch
SU Close to Cocoa ink
Martha Stewart border grass punch
SU Teeny Tiny Words stamp set
SU pink ink
SU gray ink
Ribbon
Pop dots
Glue dots
Red sticky tape

Cut two of the pink tags. Set aside. For the insert box cut your piece of matching pink card stock 4 1/2" x 3 1/8". Score that piece on all sides at 1". I scored my piece and kept turning it until all sides are scored. Using scissors clip the ends and use a bone folder and make your box. Keep the ends together using glue dots. To make the tag holder use the two tags and on the bottom of the tag put red sticky tape and tape the bottoms of the tags on top of each other. This will be the base/bottom of your holder. I then put red sticky tape under my insert box piece and centered that on the inside bottom of your tag holder.

For the bunny I punched out my pieces and on the gray pieces I sponged SU gray ink. Put the bunny together using glue dots. For the eggs on the lower right side of the holder I used the MFT stamp set Embellished Eggs and the Easter Element dies to cut out and stamp the eggs. Used glue dots to put the eggs together and put it on the front of the holder. For the banner I stamped the greeting and then cut that out using the Cuttlebug and the SU Bitty Banner die.

Used my new system for the scrap card stock pieces for the tags and bunnies as well as the banners. This system is from Tonya Gibbs and she used the Iris plastic storage box that holds the photo keeper boxes inside that -- see mine all finished and ready for use:



Will add paper shred from the dollar store and candies to my treat holder for Easter. This will make a good table marker or Easter favors for everyone -- just enough for a little bit of chocolate. TFL and YOLO

No comments: