Thursday, February 28, 2013

Butterfly Nuggets


Had seen the butterfly nugget holders by Monica Weaver ("ratona27") on SCS that she made using the Add A Little Dazzle Metal Sheets from SU -- I do not have any of those (yet) so I made my butterflies using textured card stock.

To begin with I cut out the butterflies with the Cuttlebug using the small Sizzix Butterfly #12 die. Using the D'Vine Swirls embossing folder I then embossed the butterflies. For the blue butterfly I sponged the edges with my Close To My Heart Heavenly Blue ink, the green butterfly I used my Close To My Heart Key Lime ink, and for the pink butterfly I used the SU Mauve Mist ink. I added clear crystals from my stash for the body of the butterfly and set those aside.

For the wrapper for the chocolate nugget candy I used printed card stock and cut them to 1" wide by 3 1/8" long. Put those around the nugget candies using a glue dot and then added the butterfly with a large glue dot. If you look at the butterflies Monica made she used the Metal Sheets for her butterfly and a belly band for the nugget wrapper. But for now here is my version with supplies I have on hand --- until my SU order arrives.



The SU Metal Sheets are four times stronger than aluminum foil so they take the embossing quite well yet they are easy to work with --- you can cut them with punches, scissors, as well as a paper trimmer. They have packs with many colours inside so you get the 'bang for your buck' that we all appreciate. TFL and YOLO

No comments: