Saturday, February 23, 2013

Easter Basket Card


To begin with this card is on a lavender card stock base with purple card stocks but the camera did not capture this well. This card was made with the Woven Basket Die, Easter Elements die,  and the Embellished Eggs stamp set from MFTstamps.com.

I used white card stock from GP for the eggs which I cut out using the Easter Elements die set and then used inks from Stampin Up to stamp the eggs. Used scrap card stock for the solid yellow egg which I had cut out using an oval punch. For the plaid egg I used a scrap piece of white GP card stock and put adhesive on that with the tape gun. Then put a scrap piece of the plaid card stock on that and smoothed it out. Once that was done I then used the Easter Elements die set and cut out the egg and the small plaid flower. Used single layer plaid card stock and cut a triangle from that for the plaid 'liner' to the basket which is hanging down in the front of the basket. I also used the Fiskars squeeze bow punch for the plaid bow. Used the Martha Stewart grass border punch for the grass in the basket. Lace trim is by Darice.

How to assemble this card:

Cut and scored the lavender card stock for the card base. Using a darker lavender I cut a piece for the matting on the card front. For the embossed white piece I cut a piece of white GP card stock larger than I would need for the card front and used an embossing folder from Cuttlebug "Caramelo".  This folder is in the box when you buy a new Cuttlebug and it is a design from their European collection. If you would want to buy it, Cropstop.com sells it --- go to their website and in the left side bar click onto "Cuttlebug European" and this will bring up the page this folder is on. This folder is the larger size embossing folder. As I do with most of my embossing folders I always emboss two pieces of card stock at a time --- I do this so I have a softer looking embossed piece and this also prevents the card stock from tearing as some folders emboss deeply. Once that was embossed I put the extra embossed piece in the file with the folder for later use if I should need to make a quick card and do not have a lot of free time to do that. This way I have an embossed piece ready for use.

Once the white card stock was embossed I trimmed it to the size I wanted. Using adhesive I put the embossed white card stock onto the purple matting piece. Then put these onto the card front. Using the Cuttlebug I cut out the basket die. Using lavender ink I sponged the edges of my basket and handle. Cut out the eggs and stamped those, punched out the yellow egg. Punched out the green grass from scrap card stock and trimmed that to the size I wanted. Using adhesive along the long straight edge between the basket handles I put the plaid triangle I cut out on the basket front. I put the grass on the backside of the basket with adhesive and then put the eggs behind the grass using glue dots. For the lace on the front of the basket I used red sticky tape across the top straight edge of the basket and put the lace trim on that. Trimmed the two ends of the lace with scissors. Using glue dots I put the bows together and added a pink crystal from the stash. Put this on the basket using glue dots. I layered my flowers on the left side of the basket front and put those on the basket using pop dots.

For the "Happy Easter" greeting I used the SU stamp set Teeny Tiny Wishes and purple ink. To cut it out I used the Bitty Banners from SU and I positioned the banner die over my stamped greeting with the die end close to the end of the word Easter -- I am cutting off the left side of the banner so this way my banner is not too long for my project. Put that on the card front using a glue dot.

Once the basket was completed I then put it onto the card front. MFTstamps.com is coming out with new stamp sets with matching dies that are too cute to not use -- decided for this basket that I would add the lace to dress it up. Here is a close up photo of the basket front layers and also the embossed piece:






Here are actual baskets I have made with these dies and stamps:


This basket die embosses and cuts out the Woven Basket. The dies work very nicely and they are made in the USA -- woo hoo for that. But for this next basket I masked off the woven part of of the basket so I could used the Adornment heart embossing border folder from SU:


These go together quickly once all the pieces are cut out. Did my cuts first, then the stamping, and punched the pieces I also was using and then put it all together for my Easter Basket Card.  TFL and YOLO

No comments: