Monday, February 11, 2013

Easter Elements Card



This Easter card is on a base of pink card stock from Stampin Up. I used the Spellbinders Labels 8 dies for this card. I cut and scored my pink card stock and positioned the largest die in the set just off the fold of the card and cut that out with the Cuttlebug. Then using the second largest die I cut out a piece of yellow card stock for the card front. 

Using the Sizzix Picket Fence die I cut a piece of GP white card stock for my fence piece. This piece fits perfectly on the yellow card front. Using the Martha Stewart border grass punch I punched a piece of green card stock for the grass. I cut this larger than I would need and using the same die I used for the yellow piece I put the die on the green grass and cut that out with the Cuttlebug so that the green piece had the same shape as the yellow piece. Used adhesive to put the grass piece at the base of the yellow piece. Then using red sticky tape in a couple of spots on the back of the picket fence I then put this behind the grass on the yellow piece.

Using two stamp sets from MFTstamps.com I used the Homespun Hearts set with matching dies with pink inks from SU for the pink hearts. Cut out the heart shapes first and then stamped the pieces with the heart stamps. Added a button and twine and put that on the front of the hearts piece. I used pop dots behind that for dimension.



For the eggs on the lower right of the front I used the MFT stamp set Embellished Eggs and the matching die Easter Elements. Cut out my shapes and then used the stamp set to stamp those -- again using the SU inks. For the hearts and egg pieces I used glue dots to keep those together. For the big bird and the baby bird I used pop dots behind them for dimension.  Also for the flowers at the upper right of the card. Crystals are from my stash for the birds eyes and the center of the flower piece. 

For the "happy Easter" greeting at the top of the card -- I used a rectangle piece of the yellow card stock and stamped the "Easter" stamp from the Embellished Eggs stamp set with a darker pink ink. Then I stamped the "happy" above the Easter. After that was stamped this is when I put the Spellbinders Labels 8 die on the yellow piece and cut that out. This way the greeting is positioned where I want it on the card front. 

The nice thing about the MFT stamps Embellished Eggs stamp set is there are a lot of stamps both larger and small --- see photo:


But as I used the stamps I cleaned them but did not want to take the time to keep putting my stamps back onto the sheets the stamps come on. So I put the stamps, after I used them and then cleaned them off, onto the largest acrylic block I have so none of the stamps were lost on the work table or maybe get stuck to something and never to be found again --- haha.  This way I could continue to stamp all my pieces for my projects and I could keep reusing stamps. See photo:



Once again here is the card front:


MFTstamps.com seems to be coming out with really nice stamp sets with matching dies and I hope this will continue. TFL and YOLO

No comments: