Saturday, February 9, 2013

Easter Treats Basket


Just had gotten my new shipment from  MFTstamps.com and this is the basket die that I was waiting for. It is packaged on a magnetic sheet and it has smaller pieces with it:


To begin with this die is the Woven Basket die set and this basket/die is sizable -- the basket is approx 4" high and 3 1/2" wide. Also available to be used with the die is another die Trapezoid Treat Box. This box die makes the insert for your basket pieces.  Here is a photo of that Trapezoid die:



To make my Easter Treats Basket I cut two basket pieces using kraft card stock from Michaels and I used the Cuttlebug to cut them out. Using the Trapezoid die again cut two pieces. Once all the pieces are cut I then sponged the edges of the basket pieces/handle and set aside. Then using red sticky tape I put the inside box together---the Trapezoid pieces. When the die cuts the shape it also gives the piece scored lines for folding and I used a bone folder to make my lines sharply creased. Once that box was made I used adhesive to put a basket piece on the front and one on the back of the box.

When I had first seen the preview projects with the upcoming release projects I did not think I would order the Trapezoid Treat Box die -- but I am VERY happy I did order it with my basket die. This inside box goes together very quickly and I have made a lot of these already and each one is perfect for the basket --- so I suggest you spend the $$ now to save the time later making a box insert. Again I have used lighter weight and heavier card stocks and this die works wonderfully for both.

Back to my Easter basket --- Once the basket was on the front and the back of the box piece I then began all the die cutting for the eggs, flowers, and hearts. Last release MFT had heart stamps and heart dies and I bought those. This time I used the heart stamps and dies for pieces using pastel papers and inks for Easter and Spring. For the large eggs on the front of my basket I used the die set Easter Elements and I used white card stock from GP and various inks to stamp the eggs from the Embellished Eggs stamp set. I put the eggs together using glue dots. For the "Easter treats" banner I used the GP card stock and ink from SU. I do not have a banner die large enough for this banner so I stamped my two word stamps and trimmed the white card stock to the size I wanted. Using scissors I clipped the 'banner' end. The straight end I slide under the eggs piece. But I decided to add two hearts behind the eggs piece so I used scrap card stock and stamps from the Homespun Hearts set and stamped my hearts. Using the matching hearts die I cut out the hearts and tucked those behind the eggs with glue dots.

The green/pink flower pieces on the right side of the basket are two dies from the same die set that the egg die is and that is the Easter Elements set. I put a green crystal in the center of the flower piece and put this on the basket using a glue dot. Using yellow ribbon from the stash I tied a bow at the top of the basket.

Inside the basket is yellow paper shred from the dollar store and I added Choc Nugget candies. I wrapped those in green plaid card stock from Hobby Lobby. Each nugget wrapper is 3 1/8" long x 1" wide and I used one glue dot for each one.

Here is the basket from the top:



These dies are very detailed as you can see in this close up photo of the front of the basket:


You can see when you cut your card stock with this die it embosses the woven basket pattern on the die to the card stock. I have cut different card stocks with this die and the woven pattern shows up on all of them no matter the weight of the card stock. If you buy the basket die I know you will be happy you bought the Trapezoid Treat Box die for your insert as well.   TFL  and YOLO

No comments: