Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Valentine Tags Treat Holder


Had seen these holders by Jill H at:

http://jill031070.blogspot.com/2013/01/club-member-treats.html

so I made some of my own. I used pink card stock from Stampin Up and the Sizzix/SU Two Tags die in the Sizzix machine for this. You need to cut out two tags:


Fold the tags on the scored line and on one of the tags put red sticky tape on the wrong side of the straight end of the tag -- this will be the bottom of the holder. Position this over the other tag -- and tape together.  In this photo below you will see the holder from the side and you will see a box inside the tag holder:


In the directions Jill has for her holder she has you make the box a bit larger than mine -- she has you cut the box card stock piece 4 3/4"  x  3 1/8".  But my box is 4 1/2" x 3 1/8" as I did not want my box to go to the edge of the tags. It is up to you which size to use but I will explain what I did for mine.

Cut your box card stock 4 1/2" x 3 1/8". Score this piece on all sides at 1" -- see photo:


Once scored use a bone folder and crease your lines:



Using scissors clip the short ends as seen in this photo:



Fold your card stock into your box shape and I used red sticky tape to close the ends and also I put the red sticky tape across the bottom of my box to attach it to the Two Tags holder. 

Using the Hero Arts Cute Hearts stamp set and die I stamped my hearts with SU Pretty in Pink ink and then cut out the hearts with the Cuttlebug. Used a scrap piece of darker pink card stock and cut out a solid heart. Using glue dots I put the hearts together. Added clear crystals to the "Love" heart and set that aside. 

Using a small piece of pink checked card stock I cut that to the size I wanted and put it on the front of my tag holder.  Using the SU stamp set Teeny Tiny Wishes for the "happy valentine's day" stamp with SU pink ink and stamped that onto white card stock from GP. Used the SU Bitty Banners to cut this out with the Cuttlebug. I did not want the tag to hang too far off my holder so after I stamped the greeting I put the banner die on this greeting to the right rather than center it. This allows me to tuck the banner under my hearts piece without covering up the greeting. See photo:


I positioned my heart piece on the tag front and then added the greeting banner. Put that on the front using a glue dot. Added pink satin ribbon from the stash. 




Wanted to make something for Valentine's Day that is not always red or red and white or red and black. This is still 'girly' but cute. Thanks to Jill for her idea and TFL.  YOLO

No comments: