Friday, March 1, 2013

Bunny Binders


Wanted to make Bunny Binders with binder clips but this bunny is too big ---



Smaller but too big ---


and still . . .


   "Give a woman an inch and she thinks she's a ruler"

So with some figuring I was able to take the bunny and now he is about an inch high --- here are the new bunnies on the binder clips:


These binder clips were bought at an office supply store. For  these clips I used silver but they sell black, colours, printed ones, floral designs, etc.. I bought the silver ones as I wanted to cover them in card stock so I the clip itself is covered.

The size I bought I cut a piece of card stock to cover it 2" long x 1 1/4" wide. You could use your red sticky tape to put the card stock on the clips but I used Scotch double sided tape for mine. For the "Hoppy Easter" I used the stamp from Northwoods Rubber Stamps and I used Stampin Up Close to Cocoa ink for that stamping it onto white GP card stock. Used a circle punch to punch those out. Then using a scallop circle punch I punched scallop circles from scrap paper to go behind my Hoppy Easter piece. Used crystals from my stash to put on each greeting circle. I used a large glue dot and put this scallop/greeting circle piece on the binder clip. Using various ribbons from the stash I tied ribbon on each one.

For the bunny here is a photo of the punches I used:


The yellow flower punch is by Marvy and I punched a flower and used two stems for the bunny ears. Used a small Marvy oval punch for the bunny bottom, a 1/2" punch for the head,  1/4" punch for the white tail. All bunnies were made using my new scraps system  (LOVE THAT) since it is such a small bunny scraps worked fine.

To put the bunnies on the binder clips---since the clips are slanted---I used two pop dots behind the bunny as in this photo:



Sorry about the blur --- I think the bunny moved --- haha.  Here is a photo of the Bunny Binders again:


These would be good table place markers -- you can add a name tag at the top or side of the binder clip. They go together quickly and are free standing.  WARNING:  due the size of the bunny be careful you do not misplace him while putting these together. There are two bunnies missing on my work table and hoping to find them when I clean it off....   TFL and YOLO

No comments: