Thursday, April 11, 2013

Circles Abound



Seems circles abound --- cards being made with circles from punches, Spellbinders, and other dies. Made this card for someone that is going through a trying time in her life and wanted to use the circles. This card is on a card stock base from Close To My Heart. The white is GP and printed card stock** is from SU in a 6 x 6 pad of paper.

To begin with I cut and scored my blue card stock base. Set that aside. I cut a piece of white GP card stock larger than what I need. Using the Spellbinders M-Bossabilities folder "Splendid" I embossed the white card stock in the Cuttlebug. As usual when I emboss I used two pieces of card stock so I would have a softer embossed piece. Once that was embossed I trimmed it to the size I needed from the backside of the paper so that the embossed side would not tear.

Put the embossed piece onto the card front. Using a 2 1/4" and a 2 1/2" circle punch I punched out the 3 blue card stock circles and the 2 printed card stock circles. **On each sheet of the SU 6 x 6 card stock is their logo --- be sure you are cutting or punching around that logo so it does not show on the front of your card. Using the ATG I put the printed circles onto the solid circles. Arranged my circles on the card front as I wanted them and used the ATG to adhere them.

For the "Sending happy thoughts" I used a new to me stamp set from Gina K Designs that I just bought at the Customer Garage Sale at Betty's. Using Bliss Blue ink from SU I stamped this onto scrap white card stock. Used the Banners/flag dies from MFTstamps.com for that and cut it out using the Cuttlebug. Sponged the edges of the banner and put that on the card front.

Used the Vines mini die from Sizzix and cut out the vine piece. Spritzed it lightly with Shimmer Mist. Dug out a white button from the button jar and added white twine to that in a bow. Put them on the vine piece with a glue dot and used a glue dot to put this onto the banner. Pop dots are behind the banner piece for dimension.




For the inside of the card again I used a stamp from a Gina K Design stamp set that I picked up at the garage sale and again used the Bliss Blue ink from SU. Using smaller circle punches I added circles to the inside of the card:



Tried to match my embossed piece with the floral design on the printed card stock from SU. Blue and white always looks crisp and clean and cheery to me -- hoping my friend likes it --- TFL  and YOLO

1 comment:

MaryH said...

Your friend will LOVE it! Good for you on the GK stuff. I like those stamps...(didn't get any of mine on sale tho!). They stamp out very nicely. Well made products I think. This is a beautiful card, like all the blue & white..it's always so elegant. TFS