Sunday, April 28, 2013

Quilted Mother's Day Card


Card base pink is Stampin Up, white is GP, the "happy mother's day" stamp is from SU and it is in the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.

To begin with I used a square punch and punched out 6 pink squares -- polka dots from Hobby Lobby. Then punched out 6 green squares -- green paper also from Hobby Lobby. Used the new Quilt Pattern squeeze punch from Fiskars for the star quilt pattern.  Here is a photo of the printed card stock I used and it is from a pad of paper from K&Company:


Once the squares were punched out I punched out 12 of the stars with the star punch. Using a glue pen I put the star shapes onto the squares. Once they were all done I ran the ATG over a piece of white GP cut larger than the size I would need. I put the squares on the white card stock and then I trimmed the white edges off. Put the quilted piece in the Damask embossing folder by Darice and ran this through the Cuttlebug. Here is a photo of that:



I then cut and scored the pink card stock base and the white GP piece for the card front. Once the quilted piece was embossed I trimmed that to the size I wanted. Put this on the white card front piece. Put a piece of pink satin ribbon across the lower card front and using the greeting stamp I stamped the greeting in the lower left hand corner.Put this piece on the pink card stock base. Added green crystals from the stash.

This card takes some planning in that you have to figure out how many squares you want for your card front and where to place the ribbon. I used the pinks and greens because I began this card with the printed card stock from K&Company.  TFL and YOLO


1 comment:

MaryH said...

Oh yet another fab quilted card. Gotta look for that Fiskars punch. New one to me. Your colors here are so pretty together. TFS & this one looks complex.