Monday, April 15, 2013

With Sympathy Card


This card was made using two older stamp sets from Stampin Up that I bought at the Customer Garage Sale at Betty's Stamping and Scrapbooking Room in Greensboro. Both sets of stamps were NIB and never even mounted and CHEAP.

To begin with the card is a card stock base from Stampin Up, with the lighter shade theirs and the white is GP. I cut and scored the card base and then the lighter colour card stock. For the white I cut the piece to size that I would use and I wanted to use a raise piece for the "With Sympathy" so I stamped the full stamp of the larger detailed image to the left on the white card piece. Then I stamped the corners with the inked stamp. Left room for my small ribbon piece in the upper left corner. Set it aside.

Using a scrap piece of white GP I stamped the large detailed stamp from the Bliss stamp off to the side. I then used the "With Sympathy" stamp from the Kindred Spirits stamp set to stamp that to the lower side of the stamped image. Using the Spellbinders Ovals dies I centered the die I wanted to use over my words and cut that out with the Cuttlebug. Sponged the edges of the oval with the Perfect Plum ink.

I put the card pieces together and then added a small piece of ribbon and a knot. Put the oval on the front of the card lining up my stamped images with pop dots. Added pearls here and there and the card is complete.
TFL and YOLO

No comments: