Saturday, May 11, 2013

Button Bouquet Card


This Sizzix die was on clearance for $10.00 and when I saw it I thought the flowers would be sizable and I would be able to use buttons on the flowers. As you can see in the photo of the cover piece to the die when the flowers are cut the center of the flowers are separate pieces. I wanted to be able to treat the flowers as one piece so I punched out a 1 inch circle to "build" the flowers on. The photo below shows the flower, the center, and the green circle is my 1 inch circle base:


For my flowers I used scrap white card stock pieces for the 1 inch circles -- just used the green to show the size in the photo. I ended up searching my Baker's Rack for a loose stamp for the card front. This card base is pink card stock from Stampin Up, the striped card stock is from a 6 x 6 paper pad pack "Lost & Found" from My Mind's Eye.  The green vines/leaves piece is card stock from SU and I used scraps for the pink flowers. The greeting stamp "Thinking of You. ." is a loose stamp I have from Stampin Up from 1998.

For the buttons on the flowers I used buttons from DeNami Designs. Tied Doodlebug twine on the buttons and put the buttons onto the flowers using clear glue dots. Then used a pop dot behind each flower for dimension. Here is my card:


The die has a sizable vines/leaves piece that can be used with pumpkins, other flowers, and such. The die also has a single leaf that you can cut out and put on the vine if you should want more leaves on your piece. TFL and YOLO

No comments: