Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Memorial Day Treat Bags



Made up some of the treat bags for Memorial Day. Used small bags from Mike's that are 3 1/2" x 2 x 6 3/4". Used the Tiny Stars embossing folder** from Hobby Lobby (Paper Studio) to emboss the bag. I used the Cuttlebug to emboss the bag. Leave the bag flat from the package and unfold the bottom fold of the bag so it is flat. Put the bag in the folder with the top of the bag against the fold at the top of the embossing folder. Emboss as you would anything in the Cuttlebug. Once it is done take it out of the folder and you will see the bottom part of the bag is not embossed. I used brown paper shred from the dollar store to put in the bag.

For the scalloped piece at the top --- I used dark blue card stock from SU and the stars and stripes paper is from Hobby Lobby. I used a 3 1/2" scalloped circle punch for the solid piece and a 3" circle punch for the stars and striped paper. Put these two circles together using the ATG. Once that was done I scored it to fold over the top of the bag.

For the clothespin I used a small one and using the SU Word Window punch I punched a piece of the dark blue card stock and using a glue pen I put that on the clothespin. Using two sizes of star punches from Marvy I made the stars and put those on the clothespin with glue dots.

Bought the "Banner Up" stamp set from Technique Tuesday and used the stars banner to put on the clothespin piece. Stamped that on scrap Kraft card stock using red ink from SU.  I used the EK Success banner punch to punch out the banner and the two solid banner pieces behind it. Those are together with glue dots.

For the "Happy Memorial Day" I used the computer and cream card stock from Close To My Heart for that. Used a circle and scalloped circle punches for that. Put that onto the banners piece and put it on the clothespin with glue dots. Added red crystals from my stash.

Once the paper shred was in the bag I folded over the top of the bag about 1 inch. Then put the scored stars and striped circles over the folded top of the bag. Added glue dots to the inside of the clothespin and put that on the circle over the bag top. This way when you take the clothespin off the bag the circle will stay with the clothespin.

** By embossing your bags flat the embossing folder will emboss the front and back of the bags and also the sides so only the bottom is not embossed.

ALSO   When I went to Betty's last weekend hanging behind her counter is the Rubber Stamp Pads that Darice makes --- Betty sells them for $5.00 and I picked one up. This is a good idea for background stamps or maybe a stamp you have a hard time getting a good imprint from. I had been using an opened phone book  for my background stamps and such but that is only one size and this pad is 11" x 17" and that is nice if you are stamping a few pieces at a time as you have plenty of room to stamp on. I really like this --- without it you can get spots that your stamps "kiss" the card stock. Here is a photo of that:


The stamped image on the left is an impression I made with the stamp stamping it on the counter. The stamped image on the right was stamped on the same counter but I used the stamp pad to stamp this on. Here is a photo of this stamp pad from Darice:


The stamp pad is easy to move around and not all floppy like the phone book and it gives you a good impression no matter where you stamp on the pad. Glad I bought this for sure -- oh --- Archivers is now selling Darice embossing folders in their store but I did not see this stamping pad there. TFL and YOLO

No comments: