Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Patriotic Table Toppers



Made some of these items using the Sizzix/SU Bigz Table Setting Die with the Sizzix machine. To begin with the Snickers Fun Size candy bars are in holders that I made using this die. After I cut the die shapes out for the long piece I scored it twice. Put decorated card stock from Hobby Lobby on the backside of the holder and across the front of it. Put the candy bar in this holder with a large glue dot. Tied a ribbon around the lower front of the holder to keep it closed.

For the 'place card' holder that this die cuts out I put more of the decorated card stock on the front and then added the "Happy 4th" banner on the front. That is part of a stamp by Darcies. The 'place cards' are cut in one piece and already are scored by the die so they are free standing. Added crystals from my stash. For the banners on the 'place cards' I used the Bitty Banners Die set from Stampin Up to cut them out.

For the lollipops I used the Ribbon Border punch from Martha Stewart and used the CTMH stamp set Say It In Style for the 'celebrate'. Inks are from Stampin Up. Here are close up photos:





Usually I use the Fun Size Hershey chocolate candy bars but as you can see other Fun Size candy bars will fit in the holders. The die piece that holds the candy bar can also be folded in half to hold the Ghirardelli candies as well.  TFL and YOLO.

No comments: